Fall is here and that means soup season! There is nothing like a warm bowl up soup to warm your bones on a chilly day, especially a big ole bowl of roasted potato and cauliflower soup!
This soup is so savory and warming and comes together rather quickly! It is perfect for this cooler weather and I plan to make it weekly from now until spring 😉
I don’t usually write recipes (though this is my second in one week! What!), but this one turned out so good and I’ve had some asking for the recipe, so here it is!
- 6 potatoes, washed and roughly cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, broken into smaller florets
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 4 TBS nutritional yeast
- 4 cups veggie stock
- 3-4 TBS olive oil
- 1-2 tsp all purpose seasoning (I like to use Essence of Emeril)
- almond milk (optional for thinning)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Place chopped potatoes, cauliflower and half of the onion onto a roasting pan.
- Drizzle with 1-2 TBS of the olive oil and season with seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the veggies for 30 minutes, until tender.
- With about 10 minutes left on your veggies, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add garlic and remaining onion and cook until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add roasted veggies, saving some potatoes for topping, to the pot along with the veggie stock.
- Bring mixture in the pot to a boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- While that is simmering, sprinkle remaining potatoes with your all purpose seasoning and roast for remaining time, until deep golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer contents in pot in small batches to a blender and blend. Be careful not to add to much hot soup to your blender!
- Once blended, transfer back to the pot adding the nutritional yeast and 1 tsp of seasoned salt.
- At this point, you can thin your soup with almond milk to your desired consistency.
- Serve with roasted potatoes on top and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this soup! Let me know on instagram if you make it with the hashtag #pipinthekitchen!
What is your favorite soup when the weather starts to get cold? I’m always looking for delicious vegan soups to try!